FAILURE

Hi guys, Thanks for joining me once again. Please do good to subscribe,follow on Ig@ ebube_talksreality and also on twitter @Ebube_talks for more updates.
  Today, I would be blogging about failure, the reasons why someone fail, and how to overcome this failure.
   First what is failure or how can we define failure?
There are so many definitions but here are 3 revised definitions:

  • Failure can be defined simply as the state or condition of not meeting and intended objective or goal.
  • Failure is the only opportunity you get to begin again only this time more wisely than before.
  • Failure is the tuition you pay for success
   I recall a particular event that let me depressed for a whole week. I only ate because I am still alive, apart from that I wouldn't have eaten. I wrote an exam, which to me was okay as at when I wrote it but when the exam result came out, although I met a percentile, I didn't like the result at all. Same with my parents. At that point I didn't even know what to do because that
was the second time I was writing that
exam.. My parents were mad at me, my sister was also mad but she told me that God has a reason for that I shouldn't be depressed  but pray to God to show me my  mistakes so that if I am opportune to write that exam again, I would make a better score or grade. My dad also encouraged me to work hard in my other exams and that was how I accepted the failure, realized my mistake and moved on.
          From my research, I can say that the greatest people in the world or the the richest people in the world, failed at a particular time in their lives.  It may be one epic failure or series of failures such as- Edison's 10,000 attempts to create a light bulb or Dyson's 5,126 attempts to invent a bag less vacuum. Whether we like it or not, Failure is a necessary stepping stone to achieving goals and greater heights. It doesn't matter how long it took you, or the number of attempts you have made in other to get a particular thing. What matters is you getting that thing you wanted.
     Michael Jordan said "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 Times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That is why i succeed".
    I will also be talking about reasons why we fail and how to overcome it.
                  REASONS WHY ONE FAIL:
    1. Too much distraction: Permit me to say that the advancement of technology which has made life easier will also destroy someone's life if not used properly. Even the bible said
      that there is time for everything so why distract ourselves by spending 98% of our time on instagram, whats app, Facebook, Snapchat and other social media networks? Please don't get me wrong, of course these social platforms are created to be used but not to be addicted to.   
    2.  Lack Of Humility: Humility here means    humbling yourself to ask questions on what you don't understand which would likely come out in exam.

    3. lack of Persistence

    4. Failure to build strong relationship.

    5. Fear of standing out in the crowd            

          HOW TO OVERCOME FAILURE

    1.Realize that nothing worthwhile comes Easy: One thing in this life one has to know is that, In order to achieve something good or a goal, you must put in your very best and achieve it once and for all. If you think you can achieve something on bed of roses or a platter of gold, then that thing doesn't have a worth and therefore won't last.

     2. Accept the Failure: One thing to note is that, that situation has taken place and cannot be reversed. So it is better to be truthful to yourself, accept the failure and start
    working towards success.

    3.Be constructive and learn from that situation: Once you find yourself in this situation, take it as an opportunity to evaluate yourself and check what went wrong previously and restrategise your plans. I’ve found that the simplest and most helpful way to do that is to ask yourself better questions (instead of the common ones that send you off into a negative spiral).
    • What’s one thing I can learn from this?
    • How can I adjust my course to avoid this trap/making the same mistake and likely do better next time?
    • What’s mistake or those mistakes I made?
    Take some time with these questions and be honest with yourself as you answer them.

    4. Stay positive: No matter how depressed your are, always think positive and say positive things. Even the bible says there is power in the tongue in proverbs 18:21:  Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.  So it is left to us either to be speaking positively or negatively.

    5. Learn from your failure and mistakes: Always know that God has a reason for that situation and so you should learn from that situation.

    6. Above all, give him thanks. In all situation we should give God thanks because we are still breathing. 



    • Follow on ig@ Ebube_talks reality
    • Twitter @ebube_talks
    • Please like, share, and comment.
    • Also send me emails or messages. I want to hear your opinions.

    Comments

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    5 WAYS TO MOTIVATE YOURSELF